399. How has traveling affected you?

     My family and I have begun traveling more and more as my siblings, and I have aged. These travels have changed my perspective, and introduced me to various new cultures. Last year, we went to Mexico. While in Mexico, I saw how impoverished the citizens of Mexico were. This caused me to be more grateful for things I rarely recognize, like clean water, and it also made me feel obligated to be more generous to others who are in need. When I first went to Mexico, I thought that it would be like any other trip where a tour around and look at various artifacts of historical value. Instead, I felt some of my character traits being shaped be people I only had only one interaction with. I think that any trip, no matter the destination, can have a more profound meaning and change the way you perceive various situations if you slow down and take the time to observe the different lifestyle of the people that live there.
     Traveling has been something that I think I have been taking more for granite over the years. I began viewing traveling as something I was entitled to because I have been doing more of it more frequently. When I was younger, I never left the country and would only go to the beach every few years. This was because my parents wanted my siblings and me to be old enough to truely experience the wonders a country has to offer. Looking back, I can remember how excited I was to go to the beach every year because back then I was more grateful for the opportunity to travel no matter the destination. I still use these memories to remind my self to appreciate what I have. Traveling has allowed me to experience a range of diverse cultures and it has shaped my character by teaching me to recognize the small things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post