LAUNCH response

     LAUNCH was this past Friday. I did not quite know what to expect because it was my first LAUNCH. LAUNCH consisted of the senior members of the Honors Thesis Program presenting their topics and challenging the audience to do something such as #findyourbluemind. The first presentation that I found to be particularly interesting was Elliot's project on water. This synchronized well with me because my family goes to the beach every year and I am a swimmer. Elliot described how people need to get out of their ordinary routines and sit near a body of water to relieve stress, which connected with me because I am always calmer when I am either at the beach or fishing. Also, he mentioned that every time that he dove into a pool that he would merely enter an entirely new universe, and leave his thoughts, feelings, etc. behind. This was interesting because it explained how water could stimulate the brain to be relaxed. Elliot's presentation was excellent because not only did I learn from it but I could relate to it, which brought it to life for me.
     Another, presentation that stood out to me was the presentation on stress. In this presentation, the speaker stated that the average stress levels of a high schooler are equivalent to the stress levels of an inmate of a mental institute during the 1940's. This fact blew my mind because I always knew that school is different now then it used to be, but I never realized how many things in my life add to my stress. All in all, I thought that this was a rounded presentation, with facts that completely stunned me. LAUNCH was a great experience. From the music to the supportive environment LAUNCH blew my expectations away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post