I think I saw someone, squealed a little girl dashing ahead of her parents. The voices were louder than I remembered. Their footsteps drew closer; I could hear every crunch in the path as they walked. Where was I? Who were they? Why me? These three questions raced through my mind as I laid under a thicket of thorns. I knew that we should not have snuck onto the park, but it was too late now, we were caught. I cautiously turned my head and saw my friend getting ready to make a run for it. I tried to move, but my leg wouldn't budge. In that instant, I freed my leg and ran through the thorns, all the while I dared not turn my head incase of being caught. Once I crossed the brook, I peered back to see if my friend had followed. Once I saw that he followed, I sighed with relief, letting the adrenaline surge out of my body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post