Strengths and Challenges

     Every individual writer has their very own strengths and weaknesses. My greatest strengths as a writer are the amount of time I put into my work and vivid detail. For me, I believe that my greatest strength is that I am willing to put in the time to attempt to craft a good paper, mind you that not every article I write is good. This simply means that I can spend vast quantities of time writing and rewriting a single sentence until it not only gets is point across, but uses at least one of the writing tools, such as vivid detail, symbolism, or diction. As the "Diary and Autobiography of John Adams" said, "practice makes perfect." My other strength is vivid detail. I mostly utilize vivid detail to gain the reader's interest and make them want to read paper or blog. Vivid detail is an essential tool because it can be used in a variety of different ways, but it is best used to provide the audience with a clear picture of what is going on. As a writer, my strengths are time and vivid detail.
     While I may have some strengths that help improve the quality of my writing, I also have some weaknesses. These weaknesses include rhyme and organization. During the poetry unit, I often struggled with rhyme. I had trouble finding words that rhymed with the previous word and also made the sentence make sense. This held my poems back and made me not enjoy writing poems as much as a paper. To attempt to fix my weak rhyme, I usually used a thesaurus when writing poetry. Although a thesaurus helped my rhyme, rhyme is still one of my most significant weaknesses. Organization is my second main writing weakness. Although a lack of organization is rarely seen in my writing, I still have an issue with it. When writing, I tend to get carried away with a minor detail instead of focusing on the broader picture. After extensively writing about something small, I will cut that section out of my writing when I proofread it. I consider this a weakness because I wast too much time stressing over it. Overall, my most significant inadequacies are rhyme and organization.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free post